What Can PHP Do?
- It can create, read, open, delete and close the files on server.
- It can generate dynamic page content.
- It can send and receive cookies, can modify, delete, update data in the databases.
- It can encrypt the data and it is also used to control user-access.
- It is a cross platform programming language that means it can run on various platform like Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Unix etc.
- Supports wide range of databases and is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- It is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.
Simple Example of PHP:
echo "Hello World”;
- PHP Files have extension “.php”.